The CamCRAG Poncho Project
We make ponchos for refugees in France and to sell in the UK – can you help?
Between November 2017 and February 2018 we made 1027 ponchos for refugees in France distributed through the Help Refugees warehouse in Calais. While there is currently not the urgency of winter, this project is ongoing with lots of spring and summer plans. No experience is necessary, you don’t even need a sewing machine (though it helps). Keep up to date by subscribing to our mailing list.
Background to the project: the problem
The solution - blanket to poncho
Ponchos for sale and offcut crafts
How our project works:
How you can get involved:
- Attend one of our group events - all skill levels welcome including sewing beginners!
- Sew at home.
- Buy your own handmade Poncho.
- Tell your friends and family about the Poncho Project and the reasons it’s needed.
- Set up your own Poncho Project where you live. Our pattern and guidance notes will help you get started.
- If you have ideas for the project we’d love to hear from you! We particularly welcome ideas for grants, corporate or private sponsorship, sustainable materials, reducing costs and wastage as well as craft items.
- Donate to the Poncho Project.
- Join our mailing list.
© 2018 Cambridge Convoy Refugee Action Group - All rights reserved
Contact us on email@example.com